Ditch Take-Out And Make These Crispy Egg Rolls Yourself…They’re Surprisingly Easy!!
I like this recipe because it uses already prepared ingredients found in your produce department with the packaged salad greens. Great egg rolls without all the work for those after work meals. (of which I need often) Leave the chicken out for vegetarian egg rolls or substitute shrimp for seafood eggrolls.
- Keep the oil hot and fry quickly to keep egg rolls from becoming greasy.
- They only need to brown and crisp, not cook.
- Frying only 3 or 4 at a time while rolling the others will make it easier to keep track of both the
- rolling and frying at the same time (unless you have a helper in your kitchen to do one or the other).
- Serve sweet and sour dipping sauce
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 24 egg rolls
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 (16 ounce) bags packaged coleslaw mix, with shredded carrots
- 1 (12 ounce) bags bean sprouts
- 1 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts, diced
- 1/2 cup bottled teriyaki marinade
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 24 egg roll wraps
- hot oil ( for frying)
- Cook onion and garlic in the 2 tablespoons cooking oil until the onions are tender but not browned.
- Add the chicken, packaged coleslaw mix, bean sprouts, teriyaki sauce and soy sauce to the onions and garlic; mix well.
- Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the water chestnuts; drain the liquid from the chicken and cabbage mixture; taste and season with salt if desired.
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- While oil heats, wrap about 1/4 cup of the chicken and cabbage mixture in egg roll wraps, rolling tightly and sealing edges with beaten egg.
- Fry until a deep golden brown, a few at a time; drain on paper towels.