Enjoy them plain or load similiar to loaded potato skins
with cheddar, bacon, green onions and ranch dressing.
Crispy Parmesan Potato Cakes
- 1 lb potatoes, boiled, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely diced or grated
- 1/4 cup milk or heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp zaatar or Italian seasoning (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for frying (or more if needed)
- sour cream, yogurt or dipping sauce of your choice for serving
- In a bowl combine potatoes, onion, milk, salt, black pepper, seasoning, butter, eggs, breadcrumbs and parmesan. Using a potato masher mash until creamy. I find it easier to use my Kitchen Aid mixer for this, it mixes it very well.
- Shape patties (1-1 1/2 in diameter). I always keep a bowl of water next to me so I can dip my fingers in it while shaping the patties since the mixture is sticky.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Working in batches, fry patties until golden (3-4 minutes per side), turn them carefully.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Repeat for all the patties. Wipe down the pan, if there are any burnt pieces in it. Add oil, if needed for each new batch.
- Serve with a sauce of your choice
Recipe Credit: Cookinglsl.com