This is a super family-friendly recipe, where you can all pitch in throwing the different ingredients into the crock pot (delegate the slicing to the older ones, or buy a corer/slicer to make things really easy). Then let the cooker do its thingyou’ll have fresh, amazing applesauce in just a few hours!
How To Make Applesauce in the Crock Pot
- 10-12 medium apples (of your choice), peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- After peeling, coring and slicing apples, place them in a large bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- In a bowl, mix your brown sugar and spices together.
- Place your apples in slow cooker and add in water, sugar and spices. Mix well so that all apples are submersed and coated evenly.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, occasionally mashing down apple chunks with a potato masher.
- Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Turn heat down to low and continue to cook for 2 hours, mashing occasionally.
Recipe adapted from Kiwi Crate