Cook Time: 240 minutes
Total Time: 265 minutes
Yield: Serves 8Ingredients
- 4 (6 1/2 oz.) cans minced clams with juice
- 1/2 lb. salt pork or bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 to 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups water
- 3 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups half and half cream or milk
- 3 to 4 tbsp. cornstarch
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cut clams into bite-sized pieces if necessary.
In skillet, saute salt pork or bacon and onion until golden brown; drain. Put into slow cooker with clams.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except milk, cornstarch, and parsley.
- Cover and cook on high 3 to 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- During the last hour of cooking, combine 1 cup of milk or cream with the cornstarch. Add cornstarch mixture and the remaining milk or cream and stir well; heat through.
- Top each serving with a little chopped parsley and serve with crackers or crusty French bread.