A great recipe for kids to cook.
If this doesn’t scream KIDS!! KIDSSS! KIIIIIIDDSSS!, nothing does.
Yes, these Crunchy Nacho Crescent Dogs are ridiculous, but oh my word. Let’s just take a moment to break them down.
A) Crescent rolls.
B) Crescent rolls filled with cheese and hot dogs.
Ohhhh, now I’m listening.
C) Crescent rolls filled with a cheese and hot dogs, then brushed with milk and rolled in cheddar tortilla chips and baked until delightfully golden brown.
- This is so easy. Summertime afternoon easy! Grab some Pillsbury crescent rolls, hot dogs, cheese, a splash of milk and some Food Should Taste Good cheddar tortilla chips.
- Roll out the crescent rolls two at a time, and pinch the perforated edges together, forming rectangles. Then lay a slice of cheese and a hot dog in the center of each. Lawk deez.
- Then fold in those short outer folds.
- And roll ’em up! Then lightly brush each dog with the milk. Brush, brush, brush.
- Then roll them around in the crushed tortilla chips!
- Bake them and voila! Summertime kiddie happiness.
- Dip them in some ranch, ketchup, BBQ sauce.
Crunchy Nacho Crescent Dogs
- 1 (8 oz) tube Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 4 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 4 Hot dogs
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2 cups crushed Food Should Taste Good cheddar tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll the crescent rolls onto a lightly floured work surface. Keep them two rolls together, forming a rectangle. Pinch the perforated edges together.
- Lay the cheese in the center of the rectangle. Then place a hot dog on top of the cheese. Fold the short edges over the dog ends. Then roll them up. Pinch the dough together under the hot dogs.
- Lightly brush each rolled dog with the milk, then roll in the crushed tortilla chips.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and the dough is cooked through.
- Serve immediately with ranch, ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc.