Dark Chocolate Pecan English Toffee is a homemade, 6 ingredients English toffee that comes together in less than 30 minutes. It’s perfect for holiday gift giving!
Serves: Varies, depending on the shape you cut them in!
Dark Chocolate Pecan English Toffee
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Total time 30 mins
- 1 cup pecan, toasted, and roughly chopped, divided*
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup bourbon*
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt, plus more for the top
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Guittard extra dark)
- Line a rimmed baking sheet (mine was 8½ x 12″) with foil and sprinkle half of the toasted pecan evenly over the foil.
- In a medium saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer, add butter, sugar, bourbon, corn syrup, and salt. Cook over medium-high heat until the mixture reaches 290 degrees, or soft crack stage.
- Be sure to keep a close eye on it as it can burn rapidly. Immediately pour the mixture evenly over the pecan.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, until firm, but still hot.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the toffee and let them stand for 1-2 minutes or until beginning to melt.
- Spread the melted chocolate evenly over the top of the toffee and sprinkle with remaining nuts and more flaky sea salt, if desired. Chill until it hardens completely, then use a sharp knife to cut. Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container and enjoy!
Total time above includes 2 hours of chilling time for the
*I used pre-toasted pecan from Trader Joe’s. To toast your own, place pecan on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until fragrant. Place in a bread towel and rub vigorously to remove as much of the skins as possible, then roughly chop.
*You may substitute the bourbon for water or alcohol of your choice.
I cut my toffee like chocolate bark, using the tip of the knife to help me break them into rustic, jagged pieces.
Adapted from Baked Bree.