Turkey Day has come and gone and if you’re anything like me, you have a fridge full of leftovers.
I always enjoy a good leftover turkey sandwich, but this year I wanted to make something a little fun and different to feed our hungry crowd.
A word of warning: if you are one of those people who doesn’t like any of their food touching each other (there’s one in every family!) then please ignore this post and go back to eating your leftovers. If you’re a fan of eating your Turkey Day foods together, or enjoy shepherd’s pie and deep dish pizza, this Deep Dish Day After Thanksgiving Recipe is for you!
- So grab your leftovers and a can of Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain and let’s rock & roll…
- Spread out your pizza crust in a deep dish pizza pan (a deep dish pie pan works great, too!). Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Start layering your desired leftovers into your pre-baked crust. We tried various combinations and our favorite was leftover stuffing first.
- Then turkey.
- Top with Green Giant green beans.
- Finish with mashed potatoes.
- A tip on leftover potatoes: if your mashed potatoes seem dry after refrigerating, add a little milk or butter, microwave for 60 seconds or so and stir well.
- After baking for 15 minutes, we topped the pie with some shredded cheese and baked for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with cranberry sauce, it’s the perfect tart/sweet addition to the pie!
- Do you have any fun ideas to use those Thanksgiving leftovers? We want to hear them!
Deep Dish Day After Thanksgiving Pizza
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 1/4 cups stuffing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup green beans
- 1 3/4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey
- 1 can Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread pizza crust into a deep dish pizza pan or deep dish pie pan. Bake for 5 minutes.
- While crust is baking, chop turkey into bite-sized pieces.
- Remove crust from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Spread stuffing into crust. Top with chopped turkey.
- Spread beans onto turkey layer. Finish with dollops of mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe and Photo credit:tablespoon / CC BY-NC-ND