Deep Fried Elephant Ears Recipe
Do you remember waiting for the fair or carnival to come to town so you could eat elephant ears. I sure do and I remember how that deep fried dough tasted when it was served. It was so delicious.
For Your Recipe You Will Need.
- 2 Cups Whole Milk.
- 5 Tablespoons Butter Flavored Crisco.
- 5 Tablespoons Sugar.
- 2 Teaspoons Salt.
- 2 Packages Dry Active Yeast.
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water.
- 6 Cups All Purpose Flour.
- In a sauce pan bring your milk to a boil stirring often to make sure it does not stick. It should have bubbles around the edges. Cool to lukewarm.
- Add the sugar , shortening , and salt.
- In a large bowl sprinkle the yeast into the warm water. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Add the warm milk mixture and and mix well. Beat in 2 cups of the flour until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a stiff dough. Knead the dough for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a greased bowl and allow it to rise until it doubles in size. Pinch off egg size pieces of the dough and flatten with your hand into elephant ear shapes. Deep fry your elephant ears in 375 degree oil until golden brown. As soon as they come out of the deep fryer drain well and sprinkle with the below mixture.
- Vegetable Oil to deep fry the elephant ears in.
Sprinkle your elephant ears when they come out of the deep fryer with a mixture of.
- 1 Cup Confectioners Powdered Sugar.
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar.
- 1/4 Cup Cinnamon.
I think you will find that elephant ears will be about the best thing you ever tasted. They really are so delicious. So what are you waiting on? Why not make your own delicious elephant ears now.