DIY Mexican White Cheese Dip (Queso)
Who doesn’t love creamy, tasty, white queso dip? I know we all do here in our home!
This dip is yummy and pairs well with tortilla chips, mini taco bites, chimichangas, enchiladas, as well as any food where a spicy (but not too spicy) cheese sauce is desired.
This dip also is quite simple! I hope you’ll give it a try and let me know how you like it!
- 1 pound white American cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1- 7oz can chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced or chopped
- Place a medium size saucepan over medium-high heat; add oil.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add cubed cheese and milk (start with 1/2 cup and add additional milk to desired thin-ness), stirring often, until completely melted.
- Add green chilies and black pepper
- Serve hot with freshly snipped cilantro for garnish, if desired.