With winter walking, I like baking cookies, the smell of cookies fill the house, I am also a chocolate fanatic therefore always My cookies must have some chocolate.
This time I went to the extreme .. Yes !. Chocolate cookies filled with chocolate !! or Double Chocolate Cookies
It’s a simple cookie dough that you roll out and then stuff with really good chocolate. Stuff them well. Stuff them so that the cookie dough barely encloses it. And then bake them. A good 9-10 minutes later you’ll have warm, cookies oozing with melted chocolate.
Have them warm, pinching them a bit so that the chocolate squirts out. It’s fun.
Double Chocolate Cookies
Makes 20 cookies
- 75g butter
- 75g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 120g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp milk (or just enough to moisten the dough a bit)
- chopped chocolate for stuffing the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 170C/350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla extract followed by the egg yolk and continue to beat until light ad fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa before folding into the butter mixture.
- The dough will be dry and crumbly – it’s supposed to be this way. Add a tablespoon or so of water if you think it’s absolutely necessary.. else wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Next, roll out the dough and then cut out circles of diameter 1.5 inches. Place the chocolate (as much as you can fit) and gather together the sides to enclose the chocolate.
- Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove on a cooling rack… eat up. Great dunked in cold milk as well.