Chocolate and cake are two of our favourite things, so what’s not to love about this indulgent cake?
Wonderful recipe and so easy to make. And the result is a beautiful light cake which is moist and melting in the mouth
Double Chocolate Loaf Cake
- 1 2/3 cups (200g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa
- 1 1/3 cups (275g) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks (175g) unsalted butter, room temp.
- 2 large eggs, room temp.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sour cream, room temp.
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coffee, warm
- 2 cup (175g) semisweet morsels
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In the bowl of your food processor, add in flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, butter, eggs, vanilla, sour cream, and salt.
- Turn on food processor to low and run for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off and scrape down sides. Replace lid and turn on low again.
- Pour warm coffee down the funnel while batter is mixing. Allow to mix for 30 more seconds or until fully incorporated.
- Turn processor off and remove blade.
- Add in morsels and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, approximately 9×4 inches.
- Bake cake for 55-60 minutes, or until the chocolate loaf cake has risen and split down the middle and an inserted toothpick is removed clean.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for five minutes.
- Carefully remove cake from loaf pan (while it is still warm) and drizzle with chocolate syrup or ganache or flavor of choice. (or plain!)
- Cut into slices and serve.
Recipe credit: Im baker