Wiggly, colorful, alcoholic dessert gelatin shots that pack a visual and flavor punch.
We’re not gonna lie, this jelly shot isn’t the easiest thing to make, but once you’ve artfully balanced those layers of color, it will be the talk of your party. Make a lot all at once to reduce your workload, and try to guess what color everyone’s tongue will be.
Recipe from: Tablespoon
Total Time 5 hr 0 min
- 4 boxes (3 oz) flavored gelatin (2 blue, 1 yellow, 1 red)
- 3 cups vodka
- 20 ice cubes
- 3 cups boiling water
- You’ll be making five layers: Blue (TOP LAYER, POURED LAST) Yellow (POURED FOURTH) Red (double height) (POURED THIRD) Yellow (POURED SECOND) Blue (BASE LAYER, POURED FIRST)
- Make the first packet of blue gelatin by mixing the powder with 3/4 cup of boiling water in a pitcher. Stir well until the powder is fully dissolved. Stir in 3-4 ice cubes until they’ve melted and cooled the liquid down to something approaching room temperature; then stir in 3/4 cup of vodka.
- Use the pitcher to pour a blue layer into your glasses … you should get between 4-8 large shots out of this depending upon your glasses. You’ll wind up using about half your liquid. The other half will probably set up before you can pour it again for the final layer, so pour it in a bowl or use it as one-flavor shots… whatever you like.
- Put the glasses in the fridge to set. This should take about 30-60 minutes.
- Now make the yellow gelatin just like you made the blue. Pour your layers, careful to use only half the liquid. The other half can be kept at room temperature. You should be able to deploy it a second time before it sets up at room temperature. Cool the glasses again so the first yellow layer sets up.
- Make the red gelatin. Pour a double layer on top of the yellow gelatin, and let it set up.
- Use the other half of your yellow gelatin to create a second yellow layer atop your red layer. Chill it until it sets.
- Make your second box of blue gelatin and pour a blue top layer. Again, you’ll have about half leftover for whatever purpose you like.
- Chill your last layer, and you’re set!