A pocket of frosting inside chocolate cupcakes makes an indulgent and delicious surprise.
Mmmmmm. I don’t know about you, but a cupcake is just one of those foods that has the power to make my day better, no matter what. Add a cream center and by god, I’m set for the week. These cupcakes are sinfully delicious! I made them with a buttercream filling and icing. I think the next time I’ll try a chocolate ganache on top instead just for kicks (think hostess cupcakes). Being the caffeine chicken that I am though (too much caffeine and I’m up thinking about cupcakes all night instead of sleeping), I just couldn’t bring myself to put that much chocolaty goodness into one place. That doesn’t mean you can’t though!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil’s food cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 1/2 containers Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon frosting into corner of resealable heavy-duty food-storage plastic bag. Cut about 1/4 inch off corner of bag. Gently push cut corner of bag into center of cupcake. Squeeze about 2 teaspoons frosting into center of each cupcake for filling, being careful not to split cupcake. Frost tops of cupcakes with remaining frosting.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each cupcake. Store loosely covered.