Dynamite Shrimps is another must-try. It’s spicy shrimps served cocktail style on a bed of lettuce in a martini glass.
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Kosher salt
For the Shrimp:
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Bibb lettuce leaves, for serving
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- Make the sauce: Mix the mayonnaise, chili sauce, honey, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon water in a large bowl; set aside.
- Prepare the shrimp: Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl. Whisk the flour, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper in another shallow bowl.
- Working in batches, dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, dip in the beaten eggs, then return to the flour mixture, turning to form a thick crust. Fry the shrimp in the hot oil until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes, adjusting the heat as needed to maintain the oil temperature. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.
- Toss the shrimp with the prepared sauce. Arrange the lettuce in a shallow serving bowl or on individual plates. Top with the shrimp and garnish with scallions.