I clipped this recipe from Taste of Home magazine several years ago and have found it to be the best-tasting easy beef and broccoli stir-fry. It is credited to Ruth Stahl. I often use charcoal chuck steak, which is very tender and lean. I also like that it doesn’t call for any unusual ingredients.
Easy Beef and Broccoli
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Servings: 4
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless round steak or 1 lb charcoal chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
- Add beef and toss.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli, carrot and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Return beef to pan.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice.