Life with a newborn means one thing when it comes to menu planning around here: quick and easy is what’s for dinner most nights!
That is exactly what this meal is and exactly what this new momma was looking for. Bubble Pizza takes no time to throw together (yes, even if you use the homemade pizza sauce – it takes just 15 minutes to make!) and cooks in a quick 25 minutes. Seeing as I’m still working on ironing out the kinks in our daily household schedule with the new little guy in the mix, a 25 minute meal was looking pretty good the other night when I realized it was 7:00 pm and I still hadn’t started dinner.
As for the name Bubble Pizza, my 5 year old was a little disappointed that there weren’t actual bubbles involved. But, the biscuits do bubble up around the sauce and the toppings when you bake it! Get it? Bubble Pizza!
It’s the perfect quick, easy and family-pleasing weeknight meal!
- 1 can of biscuits (I used Pillsbury Grands Homestyle)
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- pizza sauce (my recipe!), or use one 15 oz can/jar
- pepperoni, diced or sliced (use as much as you like!), optional
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- dried Simply Organic Oregano , to taste
- pepperoni to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters. Place the biscuit pieces in a greased 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- Top with the sauce and the pepperoni.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese on top add pepperoni. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Sprinkle with oregano and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.