Enchiladas are one of those meals that everyone loves.
This recipe for Enchiladas is so simple you can invite your kids to join in. You can use beef or just cheese depending on your mood. The sauce can be a bit messy, so wear an apron!
They are quick, simple to make, and full of fantastic flavor. To give the ho-hum usual a quick and splendid twist, this recipe takes the basic cheese enchilada and amps it up with some inspiration from your favorite ball-park nachos.
Topped with all sorts of savory add-ons, these Easy Cheese Enchiladas go from ingredients to eats in less than twenty minutes.
- Grab a few basic ingredients: Old El Paso Enchilada sauce, cheese, olives, jalapenos, diced tomatoes, sour cream.
Toss a hearty handful of cheese into the center of a corn or flour tortilla. We love using the fresh tortillas which haven’t yet been browned. They have a soft, thin, chewy texture and cook up well in enchiladas.
- Drizzle that sauce! Slather the daylights out of your enchiladas with Old El Paso Enchilada sauce. Seriously, this recipe can’t get any easier, can it?! Give your enchiladas an extra kick of creaminess by schmearing a bit of cream cheese inside your tortillas along with your shredded cheddar.
- Top your enchiladas with your favorite nacho toppings. There are no boundaries here. If you like it on top of nachos, you’re going to like it on your enchiladas too!
- Bake your enchiladas until the cheese is bubbly and the edges of the tortillas are golden brown. Serve them up with sour cream and your favorite margarita for a truly quick and delicious meal.
Easy Cheese Enchiladas
- 6 white corn or flour tortillas
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 can Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce
- 1/4 cup jalapenos
- 1/4 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced olives and/or black beans
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Top with sour cream and serve with your favorite rice, beans, or margaritas! Enjoy!