Easy Chicken Zucchini Saute
This is a recipe we use a lot in the summer when we have some zucchini in the garden. The only draw back is having to cook everything in steps so it can be a bit time consuming, but its well worth it! I had to estimate on the preparation time, and believe it’s a low-carb meal.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
Recipe by Food
- 1/2 lb mushroom
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- olive oil or salad oil
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 1/2-16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 45 minutes before serving, thickly slice mushrooms and zucchini, chop onion.
in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil, cook zucchini until tender-crisp and lightly browned; remove to plate.
- In same skillet, in 1 more tablespoon hot oil, cook mushrooms until browned; remove to bowl.
- Coat chicken with flour. In same skillet, in 2 tablespoons hot oil, cook chicken until lightly browned and juices run clear when pierced, about ten minutes. Remove to bowl with mushrooms.
- In skillet drippings over medium heat, cook onion until tender and browned. Stir in 1/2 cup water.
- Return chicken mixture to skillet; add tomatoes, vinegar, and salt. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and heat.