This is a wonderfully creamy frosting that goes well with pumpkin bread, carrot cake, chocolate cake, on cookies, or between cookies. If you want chocolate frosting, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup cocoa, according to how rich you want it
Easy Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8-ounce bar cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups
- confectioners’ sugar
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- If necessary, slightly chill the frosting to stiffen it before using.