Small danishes that make a great addition as awesome for the Holidays!
You can also make fruit and cream cheese danishes by adding a spoonful of your favorite pie filling prior to baking. There are never any leftovers when I make these.
Easy Crescent Cheese Danishes
By Ms B. on October 16, 2003.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 2 (10 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Slice (unrolled) crescent roll dough into 1/4 inch slices (as if making slice-and-bake cookie dough).
- Place slices of dough on cookie sheet and make slight indention in the middle.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, white sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and sour cream.
- Add a tablespoon of filling to each roll.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar, milk and butter.
- After Danish has cooled, drizzle with icing.