Easiest cinnamon rolls I’ve ever made, only 1 rise. Perfect for yeast beginners!
Easy Fresh Homemade Cinnamon Buns
Yield: 11-12 rolls
Total Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- 2 and 3/4 cups (345g) all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Red Star Platinum Yeast or any instant yeast (1 packet = 2 and 1/4
- 3/4 cup lukewarm milk (I usually use skim)
- 2 and 1/2 Tablespoons (40g) unsalted butter cut up
- 1 large egg room temp
- 3 Tablespoons (45g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (120g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons (30-45ml) strong coffee (or use milk/cream instead)
- Mix all in a mixer until a dough forms.
- Place in a lightly greased bowl (I used non-stick spray) and let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Make the filling: After 30 minutes, roll the dough out in a 14×8 inch rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter on top.
Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle it all over the dough.
Add more cinnamon/sugar if desired.
- Roll up the dough tightly. Cut into 11-12 even pieces and place in a lightly greased 9-inch round pan. I used a pie dish, lightly sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Loosely cover the rolls with aluminum foil and allow to rise in a warm, draft-free place for 30 minutes.
- After the rolls have doubled in size, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned.
- Mix all ingredients together and spread over the hot buns
1-Here is what I do: heat the oven to 200°F (93°C). Turn oven off. Place rolls inside oven and allow to rise.
2- during baking, I covered the rolls with aluminum foil after 15 minutes to avoid heavy browning.