Easy No Bake Oreo Truffles. These sweet little treats are fun to make and everybody loves them! I bet a lot of you already have this recipe – they were a hit last year in the recipe blogging world and got passed around quite a bit!
Have fun and enjoy! (You all reminded me to add that Mint Oreos are indeed fantastic tasting in this recipe! I bet they would be super cute with crushed peppermint stick on top too! Nutter Butters are good too -with milk chocolate coating and white chocolate drizzle. I have to say that Oreos are by far the best though!!)
Easy No Bake Oreo Truffles
- 1 package Double Stuffed Oreos
- 4 oz Cream Cheese you may add up to 8 oz, I just like the consistency best with 4 oz.
- Dipping Chocolate
- Chop Oreos up finely in a food processor. Save some of the finely crushed Oreos for garnish later and set it aside. You don’t need too much.
- With hands (or a spoon, I just think hands are faster), mash softened cream cheese and crushed Oreos until well combined.
- Roll into 1″ balls and place on a wax covered cookie sheet. Put in freezer for 15 minutes.
- While balls are in freezer, melt chocolate according to directions.
- Pull the Oreo Truffles out of freezer, and dip into chocolate. Garnish with reserved Oreo crumbs before the chocolate sets up.
- Let chocolate set, refrigerate and enjoy!
For those that were wondering what kind of chocolate I used, here is a picture of mine. I used about half of the package. I followed the microwave instructions. I used a small but tall bal to dip them in so that the entire truffle could easily be covered and carefully lifted it out with a fork (you can use skewers as well) and tapped my fork on the side to let any excess chocolate drip off. It is ideal to cover them with chocolate right after they have sat in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. The cold helps the chocolate set up faster.