With just 3 ingredient you will get a delicious easy and quick orange sauce for your chicken.
Basically you can cook the chicken any way you desire. One you finish cooking your chicken you will heat this sauce up and pour it over your dish to complete the meal.
I’ve done this recipe in the crockpot and it’s fabulous. Cooking it in the crockpot is easy. I add about 4 chicken breasts with a cup of chicken stock and cook it for about 3 hours on high or about 5 to 6 hours on low. Once the chicken is done, I drain all the juices and add the ingredients to the hot bread. It only takes about 20 minutes for the sauce to eat together.
I like to serve orange chicken over rice. Rice is really easy to do in the Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker too. It only takes 3 minutes! 1 cup of rice to every 1 1/2 cup of chicken stock. Cook it on high for 3 full minutes and then let’s do a natural release of the steam for another 10 minutes. This gives you perfect rice every single time. You can double this recipe without adjusting the cooking time on the Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker too
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce Sweet Baby Ray’s
- 1 Cup Sweet Orange Marmalade Smucker’s
- 2 TBSP Soy Sauce
Crispy Chicken Ingredients:
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts We used 3
- 1 Cup Flour/1 Cup Cornstarch You can use both or either/or
- 2 Eggs
- Oil We used vegetable oil
- In a sauce pan, add the BBQ sauce, marmalade, and soy sauce. Turn the heat on low and let it simmer for 20 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Meanwhile, cut up your chicken breasts into cubes. In one bowl beat 2 eggs, while the other bowl should mix the dry ingredients.
- Dip pieces of chicken in the egg and then cover in flour/cornstarch. Set on an extra plate.
- Add a thin layer of oil to a frying pan and turn your stove on medium/high heat. Once it sizzles, add the chicken to the pan. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes each side until it’s brown and cooked on the inside.
- Set the oily pieces on a paper towel and let drain.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and toss!
- Eat it on top of white rice and enjoy. I think veggies would be good with it such as green peppers or broccoli.
Servings: 4 people