I have only two cocktail party rules.
Rule Number 1: There must be food that is nibble-y, but also substantial.
Rule Number 2: A girl in a fabulous cocktail dress must be able to fearlessly consume all food items referenced in Rule Number 1. The key word there is “fearless.” For me, any dip item automatically enters a danger zone.
So when I decided to serve White Pizza Dip at a recent event, my first thought was, “Oh, that sounds so good – now, how will I avoid wearing the White Pizza Dip?” The answer is simple – individual servings and in shot glasses! (This method has a secondary benefit, as it avoids completely the issue of double dipping… but that’s a topic for another post.)
White Pizza Dip is ridiculously easy. Start by making a Pizza Crust Focaccia. For my focaccia, I used the yummy, new Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Wheat.
- Bake the focaccia and let it cool a bit.
- Load it up with your favorite toppings. I used mini pepperoni, chopped black olives and green onions, seasoned with olive oil, black pepper, dried basil and oregano. Cut the pizza into thin strips that will fit into your shot glasses. (You’ll need 30 or so, and will probably have a few extra.)
- Place the dip ingredients (soup mix, sour cream, ricotta and mozzarella) in a bowl, and stir to combine. Heat in the microwave for 12 to 15 minutes at full power, stirring every so often, until the cheese is melted and the dip is warmed through. (I KNOW. So crazy easy. And people go mad for it.) If you’re not going to go with individual serving, you can bake the dip in the oven (350 degrees for 30 minutes), which gives it a beautiful, golden, bubbly crust.
- Let the dip cool slightly. Then transfer to a plastic squeeze bottle to easily fill your shot glasses. You’ll need to cut the nozzle of the squeeze bottle, so it has a larger opening.
- Fill each glass with just over a tablespoon of dip. Right before serving, place a focaccia strip in each glass. And there you have it. Fearless, fabulous White Pizza Dip!
- Hope you enjoy!
White Pizza Dip with Focaccia Recipe
- 1 soup mix envelope (1.2 oz), savory herb with garlic
- 1 container (16 oz ) sour cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 pizza crust focaccia (see recipe link below)
To prepare the dip, combine the soup mix, sour cream and cheeses in a large bowl.
Microwave until cheese is melted and dip is heated through (about 12-15 minutes), stirring often.