Easy Skillet Cheese-Topped Chili Macaroni
This is a quick and easy recipe for a weeknight meal. Its very tasty and very filling. My family loves it when I make this and my husband always takes leftovers to work!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- 1 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown onion and garlic with ground beef.
Drain and return to pan.
- Add kidney beans, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, and salt.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add cooked macaroni and stir.
- Add grated cheddar to top, cover and simmer just until cheese melts.