This egg drop soup recipe is my absolute favorite. It’s easy, light, takes less than 15 minutes to make, and is total comfort food.
Portions: 4 servings
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Calories Portions: 95
- 3 1/4 cups chicken broth plus 3/4 cup divided
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp chives
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
1. Pour 3 1/4 cups chicken broth into a large saucepan.
2. Stir the salt, ginger and chives into the saucepan, and bring to a boil.
3. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolk together using a fork.
5. Drizzle egg a little at a time from the fork into the boiling broth mixture. Egg should cook immediately.
6. Once the eggs have been dropped, stir in the cornstarch mixture gradually until the soup is the desired consistency.
Add some shredded carrots adding the egg for a sweeter flavor.