I love this dish because it is so versatile! Breakfast, lunch or dinner. And it is so easy and affordable. It has everything in it that you want in a good breakfast.
These easy breakfast casseroles allow you to make a great weekend breakfast with minimal work, they were chosen for their great taste, nutritional value, and ease of preparation.
Breakfast casseroles are a healthier and less expensive alternative than going to a restaurant or stopping by and getting doughnuts for a family breakfast.
It’s so easy to prepare a breakfast casserole the night before and pop it in the oven in the morning so it’s ready when everyone wakes up.
Most of us have memories of Mom making a special breakfast casserole for holidays like Christmas or New Year’s, but with these breakfast casseroles, you can create great family memories any day of the year!
- roll 16 oz. breakfast sausage
- onion, 1/2 chopped
- bell 1 pepper, chopped
- shredded 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- sour 1/2 cup cream
- cream 1 can of mushroom soup
- frozen 1-1 1/2 pounds shredded hashbrowns, thawed
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- garlic 1/8 teaspoon powder
- onion 1/2 teaspoon powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage with onion and pepper in a skillet until no longer pink. Transfer to a 9×13 pan. Mix in cheese, reserving some to sprinkle over the top, sour cream, soup and hash browns.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pour over the top of the meat/potato mixture.
- Bake uncovered for one hour. Sprinkle with reserved cheese for the last 10 minutes of cooking time.