It’s summertime and definitely the time for a no-bake dessert. If you will be serving kids dessert this 4th of July, consider these rice krispie treats garnished as a flag. With a delicious sugar free Cream Cheese Frosting.
Flag Rice Krispie Treats.
Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients:
- 10 oz bag of marshmallows, mini or regular
- 3 tbsp salter butter
- 6 cups rice crispies
- Place marshmallows and butter in a large microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir in rice crispies with a spatula(sprayed with non stick spray).
- Pour into 13×9 pan that is sprayed with non stick spray. Allow to cool at least 30 minutes
Sugar free Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut milk (optional)
- Place cheese and stevia into medium mixing bowl.
- Mix on low speed for 1 minute to combine.
- Add the vanilla.
- Mix on low speed 1 minute until creamy and blended.
- Add 1 tsp of coconut milk, if necessary, for thinner spreading consistency.
- Spread on cooled cake.
For decoration flag:
- 30 blueberries
- 10 strawberries, quartered (or more depending on the size of strawberries)
- Place the blueberries in a square in the top-left corner of the cake and arrange the slices of strawberries so they look like stripes across the cake.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.