A salty pretzel crust pairs with a cool and fruity filling in a no-bake refrigerator pie
Fluffy Strawberry Pie with Pretzel Crust
- 1 1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 package (4-serving size) strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups whipping (heavy) cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups strawberries, slightly crushed
- Chocolate-covered strawberries, if desired.
In medium bowl, mix all crust ingredients. Press mixture firmly against bottom and side of 9-inch glass pie plate.
In large bowl, pour boiling water on gelatin; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in lime peel and lime juice. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until very thick but not set.
Beat gelatin mixture with electric mixer on high speed about 4 minutes or until thick and fluffy
set aside. In chilled large bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream and crushed strawberries into gelatin mixture. Pour into crust.
Refrigerate about 8 hours or until set. Garnish with chocolate-covered strawberries. Store covered in refrigerator