We love a warm, cheesy casserole, especially when it’s got vitamin A-rich spinach. Four cheeses make this one extra special.
Four Cheese Pasta Florentine
- 8-10 oz. penne pasta (cooked as directed on package, also drained)
- 2 cups medium mushrooms sliced
- 3 cups spinach
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium heat and saute mushrooms, add salt and stir occasionally and reduce heat if mushrooms start to burn.
- Add spinach to mushrooms. Cook until wilted, then add walnuts.
- Add heavy cream, Cottage Cheese and cream Cheese to the spinach and mushrooms, stirring well, and half Parmesan cheese. If sauce is too thick, add water one tablespoon at a time.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Pour drained pasta into the sauce and toss well to coat thoroughly.
Spoon into 8- or 9-inch square baking dish; top with mozzarella Cheese and the rest of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 min. oor until golden and bubbly
- Transfer to serving plates, garnish with more Parmesan and serve hot.