Creamy and cheesy, this pasta dish is my mainstay whenever company’s coming. The recipe, handed down from my aunt, is on the table in 30 minutes-so as cook and hostess, I don’t feel hurried.
Four Cheese Pasta
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 lb. pasta (penne, rigatoni, ziti)
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Asiago
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 2 cups half & half
- Cook the pasta al dente, drain and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, sauté the garlic in the olive oil until tender.
- Pour in half & half and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cheese, stirring constantly.
- Pour hot cheese sauce over pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.