French Onion Soup
If you love that delicious bakery style French Onion Soup, then you’ll love this quick and Easy French Onion Soup Recipe!
It’s so easy to throw this warming bowl of cheesy goodness together that you’ll be making it all winter long!
Portions: 4 servings
Cook time: 1 1/4 hours
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Calories Portions: 352
- 8 yellow onions, sliced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 cups cubed French bread
- 4 slices gruyere cheese
1. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until they become translucent. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 1 hour, allowing the onions to caramelize.
2. Bring the beef broth to a simmer in s tock pot. Once the broth is simmering add the garlic. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Add the onions.
3. Pour the soup out into 4 oven safe bowls. Add the bread and top with the slices of cheese.
4. Place the soup bowls under the broiler and allow to cook until the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
5. Remove from the broiler and serve warm.