Homemade French Vanilla Coffee Creamer. Are you ready for a little jolly in your java? This homemade coffee creamer is ready in five minutes, so splash away!
When I think Christmas and Christmas flavors, I always think vanilla. Vanilla sugar cookies, vanilla frosting, vanilla bean hot cocoa… Even some vanilla marshmallows to top off the cocoa.
Which is where this downright amazingly easy and insanely delicious French vanilla creamer comes in. I am currently adding it to almost everything in sight. My morning hot chocolate, my cupcakes and even to my morning cereal. Yes, with cereal, and yes, it is that good!
- So let’s get going. It only takes five minutes! (Perfect for a crazy holiday season schedule.)
- Gather up your four ingredients (yes, only four!): sweetened condensed milk, milk, vanilla extract and 1 vanilla bean. The vanilla bean is optional, but I think it adds such a pretty touch, an incredible vanilla flavor, and those cute little vanilla seeds that look so posh!
- Oh, and a bottle to put the creamer in. I used an empty, clean balsamic vinegar bottle, and it worked well. Or See HERE some Bottles
- To split the vanilla beans, use a very sharp knife and split the bean right down the middle lengthwise. Use the tip of the knife and scrape the seeds out. Add the seeds to a large mixing bowl or a four cup glass-measuring cup.
- To the bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, milk and vanilla extract.
- Whisk well until fully combined, about one minute.
- Pour the creamer into your jar. Screw on the cap and either store in the fridge for your own use or get all creative and decorate the bottle all Christmassy for a fun and deliciously easy homemade gift.
- Trust me, pretty much everyone would love this as gift. And don’t think this is only for coffee drinkers. Actually, I’m not even a coffee drinker. When I set out to make this I had one thing in mind….
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Yes!!
- So gather up some rather large mugs, some fresh whipped cream, a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal and your creamer.
- Add the creamer to the mug and warm it up in the microwave for about two minutes (though it’s good cold too!), top with whipped cream and then add that Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
You’ve heard of hot cocoa – this is hot vanilla, and it’s extraordinary.
Homemade French Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 1 large vanilla bean, seeds scraped and removed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract (use 3 tablespoons for an extra strong vanilla flavor)
- In a large bowl add the sweetened condensed milk, milk, vanilla bean seeds (if using) and vanilla. Whisk until completely combined.
- Pour into clean glass bottles or whatever you want to store the creamer in. If using vanilla beans, you can add the emptied beans to the jars to infuse additional flavor. Store creamer in the fridge for up to one week.
- You can decorate the bottle and give these as a gift, serve it in a mug with a dollop of whipped cream and crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, or add a splash to your coffee!