Here is another summer dessert recipe from my kitchen to yours. You’ll need several fresh, juicy peaches for this recipe.
We had some peaches from our tree, so we decided to bring you the true taste of summer to your table with these fresh peach pound cake recipe,
Fresh Peach Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups peaches, peeled, chopped and well drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peach schnapps
powdered sugar icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Optional: 1/4 cup peach jam
- Preheat oven to 350 °.
- Grease and flour a 10″ tube pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs individually, beating well after each one.
- Mix together flour, soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour.
- Gently fold in chopped peaches with 1/2 cup peach schnapps
and vanilla extract.
- Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes ’til golden brown and cake tests done in the center.
- Let cool on a wire rack for about 10-15 minutes before unmolding it onto the rack to cool completely.
- For powdered sugar icing
- Mix powdered sugar, vanilla and milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until spreadable (mixture will thicken slightly as it sets).
- Place the cake on a serving plate. Drizzle the cake generously with the glaze and peach jam, letting it drip down the sides of the cake.