I found these fairly small seedless watermelons at Target last week and thought they might make the perfect vessels.
Highly recommend trying to find the smallest watermelons you can, because the Gelatin will set better.
- Fresh watermelon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 packets and half unflavored gelatin
- Raisins to decorate
- Start by cutting the watermelon in half and scooping out the fruit.
- Dry with paper towels
- In blender: blend the watermelon, add the sugar, blend again
- Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup hot water. mix well. Add to liquefied watermelon.
- Pour into your hollow watermelon halves and refrigerate for 4+ hours.
- Once the Gelatin has set, place the watermelon halves on a cutting board with the Gelatin side facing up
- Decorate with raisins (seeds simulating).
*If you’d like to make this Gelatin recipe more adult add 1 cup of the either white rum or vodka.