I am always looking for good fried chicken recipes, especially ones that use the deep fryer. This Batter Fried Chicken Recipe caught my eye because this recipe was perfect, every piece of chicken was golden brown and done to perfection with a crisp and delicious coating.
If you like deep fried chicken give this Batter Fried Chicken Recipe a try; you’ll love it.
Fried Chicken Batter
yield: 4 servings
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 3 1/2 pound chicken parts (bone-in, skin-on; if using breasts, halve)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Peanut oil, for frying
- Special Equipment:
- Deep-fry thermometer
- Place buttermilk in a large, shallow nonreactive dish and add chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Combine flour, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large plastic bag.
- Remove chicken pieces from buttermilk and add to bag with flour mixture. Shake to coat; dust off excess.
- Pour 3/4″ peanut oil into a heavy skillet. Heat oil over medium-high heat until it registers 350° on a deep-fry thermometer. Reduce heat to medium and add the chicken pieces, a few at a time. Fry each piece for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until it is crispy and golden and internal temperature registers 165° on an instant-read thermometer. Drain on paper towels; serve.