Fried Dill Pickles
Total Time: 25 min
Prep: 15 min Cook: 10 min
Yield: 3 Level: Easy
- oil, for frying (choose the one you like . I use peanut)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Splash pickle juice
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped dill
- 1 jar whole dill pickles, sliced into spears
- Preheat your deep-fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Into an 8 by 8-inch casserole dish, beat together milk, egg, paprika, and a splash of the pickle juice.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and dill into another baking dish.
- Thoroughly dry the pickles with paper towels.
- Dredge first through the wet, then the dry ingredients.
- Gently place pickles into the deep-fryer in batches and fry until golden brown, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray and immediately season with salt.