I can’t believe I’m writing this, you guys.
I just can’t believe it. It can’t be true. It musn’t be. But it totally is.
I made a breakfast sandwich out of a doughnut…and I liked it.
I MEAN…look at this thing. How can you not? When you’ve got a perfectly cakey glazed doughnut with a fried egg in the middle and melty cheese and crispy bacon in the center, it’s hard to resist. Impossible, even.
So now I’m going to show you how to make it – so you can have one yourself. Because, fried egg donut breakfast sandwich, friends – I needn’t say more.
Fried Egg Donut Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 strips uncooked bacon
- 1 glazed doughnut
- 1 egg
- 1 slice American cheese
- Place bacon on a plate; cover with a paper towel. Microwave 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp; drain.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Drizzle a little vegetable or olive oil into the hot pan.
- Slice donut in half; use a cookie or biscuit cutter to cut a larger hole in the center of the top half. Place both donut halves, cut side down, in hot skillet.
- Crack an egg in the center of the larger donut hole (the top half). Cover immediately and let cook until the egg is set and white on the top, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip bottom donut half upright and place on a serving plate. Top with cheese slice and bacon. Top with remaining donut half/fried egg. Serve immediately.