Frosted Orange Rolls
I have been searching high and low for the perfect Orange Roll recipe.
You know, orange-y but not too orange-y, sweet but not sickeningly sweet, light and fluffy yet enough to make you satisfied for say…This is really good .. very good!
This recipe in great! They are THAT good. A recipe for how to make the most amazing Frosted Orange Rolls, Now this recipe uses yeast but
not freak out, this recipe is so easy you aren’t going to mess it up, pinky swear!
We’ll be using Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast so you can just add your yeast to the dry ingredients, no need to dissolve the yeast in warm milk or water first! Then we’ll just knead let the dough rest for only 10 minutes, then we’ll shape into our rolls and let them rise for an hour.
Easy easy and easy…
A recipe for how to make the most amazing Frosted Orange Rolls Okay, let’s make these Frosted Orange Rolls!
Frosted Orange Rolls
Author: adapted from Fleischmann’s Breadworld
Prep time: 1 hour 40 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 2 hours 5 mins
For the Rolls:
- 41⁄2-5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 packets Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
For the Filling:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- For the Frosting:
- 21⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp orange extract
- Combine 2 cups of flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a large bowl of a stand mixer and stir until well blended.
- Place water and butter in microwave-safe bowl, microwave on high in 15 second increments until very warm but
not hot to the touch (120-130 degrees F). The butter won’t completely melt.
- Add water and butter to the flour mixture along with the egg.
- Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of an electric mixer, scraping bowl if necessary.
- Add 1 cup of flour and beat for 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl if necessary.
- Stir just enough of the remaining flour in so that the dough forms into a ball.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic and the dough springs back when lightly pressed with
two fingers. May take up to 8 minutes.
- Cover dough with a towel and let rise for 10 minutes.
- For Filling, warm marmalade in a microwave-safe bowl for 15-20 seconds so that it is running and easy to
spread over dough.
- Roll dough into a 10×15 inch rectangle using a rolling pin.
- Spread melted butter all over dough, leaving a 1⁄2 inch border along the edges of the rectangle.
- Spread marmalade over top of the butter.
- Beginning at the long edge of the rectangle, roll up tightly.
- Pinch seams to seal.
- Cut into 12 equal pieces using a sharp knife or unflavored dental floss.
- Place cut side down into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Cover with a fowl and let rise in a warm place until double in size, about 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Let cool for a
couple of minutes and then pour frosting over top and spread over rolls.
- For Frosting, combine all frosting ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk together until creamy. Start with
- 2 tablespoons of milk and add more depending on consistency of frosting desired!