It’s a super simple recipe, that doesn’t involve yeast, and we made them in about an hour (at the most.)
I have added marshmallow cream for dipping in them
Fry Bread Marshmallow dip
- 1 +1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- powdered sugar for sprinkle
- 1/2 cup flour for kneading
- Enough cooking oil to be 1/2 in. deep in whatever sized skillet you are using to fry the bread.
- 1 jar marshmallow creme or marshmallow fluff
- Mix dry ingredients together well in a medium sized bowl. Beat egg separately and add to
- dry ingredients. Heat milk for 45 sec to a minute in the microwave and add slowly to the mixture.
- Begin kneading in the bowl and once it seems a little more uniform, turn it out onto your “flour’d” kneading surface and knead for a minute or two.
- Role the dough out until it is (ideally) 1/2 an inch thick.
- Once the dough is a uniform thickness, cut it into 2″ wide strips.
- In a deep skillet heat the oil to 400 F
- Place them in the oil carefully, and let them brown for a minute or two before turning and doing the same to the other side, then quickly remove to a plate.
- Immediately sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve
Marshmallow Fluff Dip
Place marshmallow creme in a bowl for dipping and warm in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Stir until smooth and serve with Native Fry Bread.