Say yum! Whether served as a snack or a cheesy bread accompaniment, our light cheese bread delivers on flavor.
Total Time 40 min
- 2 cans refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat chives-and-onion cream cheese (from 8-oz container)
- 1/4 cup chopped green chiles (from 4.5-oz can), drained
- 1 tablespoon 40% less-sodium taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend (4 oz)
- Bake 2 loaves crusty French loaf as directed on cans.
- Meanwhile, heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, stir together cream cheese, green chiles and taco seasoning mix.
- Cut breads in half lengthwise. Place bread halves cut sides down on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Turn bread halves; spread cream cheese mixture evenly on cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover grill; cook 5 to 7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.