Garlic and Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
Such a wonderful and simple presentation of one of spring’s best vegetables with the irresistible flavor of garlic. So easy to make- (but no one has to know how easy it is!!!)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt ( to taste)
- pepper ( to taste)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese ( may use Asiago)
- Heat oil and garlic in a small saucepan over low heat until garlic becomes golden- several minutes (do not burn garlic); allow oil to cool.
- Bend asparagus gently at a natural point and when it snaps, discard end pieces.
- Place asparagus on a lipped roasting pan and toss with infused olive oil and garlic, coating all pieces.
- Line up asparagus and push together, season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 400°F for 12 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve at once.