For a mouthwatering change of taste at your next barbecue, take steak to new flavor heights by basting your choice of cuts with a great garlicky blend that requires no more than minutes to fix.
Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
recipe from:Taste of home
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks or 4 beef ribeye steaks (1-1/4 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- With a mortar and pestle, combine the garlic, salt and pepper. Add the oil, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce; mix to form a paste.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°.
- Brush with garlic mixture during the last few minutes of grilling. Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings