This recipe was so amazing, quick, and delicious!
My shrimp were frozen, raw, peeled but with the tail on. This is how I thawed them… just dumped in some water in a colander so I could lift them out easily when I was ready for them.
Start some spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccine cooking in some heavily salted water.
And.. here full recipe
- 6 tbsp butter (you can substitute 4 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the butter if you would like to lighten up the recipe.)
- Juice of 2 lemons (plus zest of one whole lemon. I usually cut my lemon peel off with a serrated knife then chopped very finely.)
- ¾ cup white wine
- 2-3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley (reserve some for topping at end)
- 2 large (2-3 small) chopped fresh garlic
- 1 lb. Fresh or frozen large peeled & deveined shrimp thawed
- ¾ lb think spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccine
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan cheese + some for topping
- Melt butter low med heat.
- Sauté lemon zest, garlic & onion for a few minutes.
- Turn up heat times high.
- Add white wine and burn off alcohol for 5-10 min.
- Add Parmesan cheese.
- (Optional – to make a creamy version you can add 2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream)
- Turn heat back down to low med.
- Boil water add salt to liking and a drop of EVOO. Cook al dente.
- Add shrimp to scampi mixture when pasta is about half way done.
- Add half of fresh parsley
- Strain pasta.
- When shrimp is slightly turning from grey to pink add pasta and toss until hot and all shrimp are pink. Don’t overcook shrimp. They are at their peak as soon as they turn pink.
- Top with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese and serve hot.