Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Creamy Pasta
There are few things I love as much as cheese. One of these few things, however, is garlic.
I’m the kind of person that nearly doubles the amount of garlic a recipe calls for because I feel like I can never get enough of it, and you can bet I always pair garlic bread with my pasta. This time, however, I decided to cut out the middleman and go straight for garlic pasta.
It’s rich and creamy, while the fresh parsley gives it a nice bit of color and flavor. But more importantly, it gives me my garlic fix. And when I can combine my two loves, garlic and cheese? Now that’s a beautiful thing.
Creamy Garlic Pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ lb spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a pot, bring the olive oil to medium-low heat. Add the garlic and stir, allowing it to cook for 1-2 minutes. Mix in the butter until melted. Add the salt, pepper and chicken stock. Raise the heat to high and let it come to a boil.
- Once it is at a rolling boil, add the pasta and cook for as long as the box’s directions indicate. Reduce the stove to medium heat and mix in the parmesan until completely melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream and parsley. Serve immediately.