Goat Cheese Tomato Pot Pie Those five words together, are you even kidding?
Goat Cheese Tomato Pot Pie
- 1 refrigerated Pillsbury pie crust
- 1 (28 oz) can Muir Glen whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 oz. softened goat cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Unroll and place the pie crust inside a 2 quart baking dish, or a pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, drain the tomatoes and pat them as dry as you can. Slice them.
- Arrange half the sliced tomatoes in the bottom of the parbaked pie crust. Layer half the onions on top, followed by half the garlic, half the thyme, oregano, goat cheese, mozzarella cheese and romano.
- Then layer with the remaining tomatoes, onions, garlic, herbs and cheeses. Lightly sprinkle the top with the garlic powder and a small pinch of salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is starting to brown and bubble.
- Serve immediately!