My grandma has been making this frosting recipe as far back as I can remember.
Recipe from the book of my grandmother, who happened to my mother and then my, this recipe for over 40 years has never failed!
It’s like a marshmallow fluff, only smoother, fluffier, and not quite so sweet!
We then go to the recipe … I know that you, like me, love this frosting ..
Grandma’s Marshmallow Frosting
In only 7-Minute!!
Total Time: 12 min
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 7 min
Yield:Frosting for 1 layer cake or approximately 8 to 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar or 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Place sugar, cream of tartar or corn syrup, salt, water, and egg whites in the top of a double boiler.
- Beat with a handheld electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Place pan over boiling water, being sure that boiling water does not touch the bottom of the top pan. (If this happens, it could cause your frosting to become grainy).
- Beat constantly on high speed with electric mixer for 7 minutes. Beat in vanilla.