This Grilled Artichokes is a great go-to appetizer recipe that can be quickly thrown together. This is Cheesecake Factory recipe copycat
Is soo simple to make with just a few ingredients. A perfectly balanced marinade gives the recipe for grilled artichokes a bold and tasty flavor just like you find at the restaurant. The artichokes are served with melted butter for dipping. This artichoke recipe is a great appetizer to serve when grilling or hosting a cookout.
serve 4-6 people.
- 4 large artichokes
- 2 lemons,
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3T olive oil
- 1 T steak sauce
- 2 tsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- First, fill a large pot with 2 inches of water, two tablespoons of salt, a large lemon, quartered and a few cloves of garlic. Have an additional lemon wedge on hand. Cut off the bottom so they sit upright nicely. Next with a pair of kitchen scissors trim off the top 1/3 of the surrounding leaves. Really, this step is purely optional in my opinion. We never trimmed them when I was young. I think restaurants trim them because the tip of the leaves can be sharp.
- Turn your artichoke on its side and with a large chef knife, cut it into quarters if it’s very large or into thirds if it’s smaller. The inside of the artichoke will discolor in less than one minute when exposed to air so immediately rub it with your lemon wedge. Take a paring knife and cut out the hairy “choke” and it’s pink leaves. See the wedge on the left? That one has had the choke removed and it’s left with all that beautiful white artichoke heart!
- Place the artichokes in the pot and bring it up to a boil. Boil for approximately 8 minutes or until the heart is fork tender. Remove from heat and drain the artichokes in colander.
- While the artichokes are cooking, you can prepare the Grilled Artichoke Marinade.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, steak sauce, balsamic vinegar, Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Drizzle the marinade over the artichokes and gently toss to coat well.
- Place on grill over medium low heat and grill for just a few minutes until you see slight charring.
- Serve the artichokes with additional marinade or melted butter for dipping. To eat the artichokes, peel off a leaf, dip the bottom in melted butter if desired, and use your teeth to scrape off the lower half of artichoke “meat” on leaf. Trust me, it’s absolutely addicting!