Breakfast Grilled Cheese
This is delicious grilled cheese recipe. There is nothing unique about this recipe, it is pretty much what you would expect from a breakfast grilled cheese sandwich. This recipe puts eggs, bacon and cheese onto a grilled cheese sandwich. You can get creative with this and add additional breakfast items such as cooked breakfast sausage or cooked hash browns. I like to serve this with the hash browns on the side, but I am positive it would be delicious in the actual sandwich itself. If you need a good method for cooking crispy bacon, please read my article on How to Cook Crispy Bacon. This of course makes an amazing breakfast idea but would also go great served for dinner. Enjoy.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 teaspoons butter (divided)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices Colby-jack cheese
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon
- Step 1: In a medium bowl beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture. As the eggs begin to set, gently pull them across the pan with a spatula, forming large curds. Continue cooking while pulling and folding the eggs until thickened no and visible liquid egg remains. Remove from the pan, set aside. Clean out the skillet.
- Step 2: Heat the skillet to medium heat. Spread the remaining 2 teaspoons of butter evenly on one side of each slice of bread. Place 2 slices in the skillet butter side down. Top each with 1 slice of cheese, scrambled eggs, bacon, and an additional slice of cheese. Cover with the remaining bread slices, butter side up.
- Step 3: Cook sandwiches over medium heat, until browned on the bottom. Once they are browned on the bottom flip them over and cook until browned on the other side and the cheese has melted.