Creamy Alfredo sauce is spooned over tender pasta and topped with seasoned grilled chicken. It’s an easy, quick meal that everyone will love.
Grilled Chicken Alfredo That beats Olive Garden
prep time 5 mins
cook time 15 mins
total time 20 mins
Serves: 6 servings
- 1½ pounds seasoned and grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 24 ounces dry fettuccine or pasta of choice
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil for garnish, optional
- Cook the pasta in salted water until a la dente.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the pasta water.
- Add the Parmesan to a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium, heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted turn the heat down to medium low.
- Add the cream and cream cheese.
- Stir constantly until it gets smooth and thickens (just a few minutes).
- The sauce is ready when you can pull the back of a serving spoon through it and it leaves a trail.
- Pour the sauce over the Parmesan, let stand a few minutes, and then stir until smooth.
- Taste and add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder as needed.
- Add the pasta to a serving bowl or platter.
- Pour the reserved pasta water over it and mix in.
- Stir in the Alfredo sauce.
- Top with the chicken and chopped basil.
- Serve immediately.